A screenshot is an image that is a saved output of a computer or phone screen display. An image is taken with a digital or phone camera while a screenshot is often different from an image that is taken from its source. It differs in several ways.
A screenshot often reduces the quality that an original image has. It reduces size as well, sometimes, both in storage and pixels.
How To Make Screenshots on iPhone
Just like every other smartphone, the basic way of making a screenshot is by pressing two buttons on the phone. Making a screenshot on the iPhone is not different but has some modifications which would be explained below.
You can take screenshots on an iPhone in three different ways, depending on if the iPhone is a newer model or an older one.
On older models of iPhone, you can press the volume up button together with the home button simultaneously.
On newer models of iPhone, you can make a screenshot by pressing the side button and the volume up button.
Some people find it challenging to simultaneously press two buttons. Consider utilizing Assistive Touch if this applies to you.
Using the assistive touch feature of the iPhone, you can perform some operations without pressing any button or making any slide gestures. Taking a screenshot with the assistive touch is common to all iPhones.
The assistive touch however needs to be activated in the phone’s settings.
To activate the assistive touch feature, follow the below steps.
1. Launch the Settings application and select “Accessibility.”
2. Tap “Touch,” then “Assistive Touch,” and then tap the switch option to switch on the assistive touch feature.
After the activation, choose “Screenshot” after selecting “Double-Tap.” This enables you to snap a screenshot each time you double-tap the Assistive Touch digital button.
With this, you can make a screenshot by double tapping the assistive touch.
After following any of these three steps, a thumbnail shows up notifying you that your screenshot has been saved.
Getting rid of the scribbles on an iPhone
Scribbles are some rough lines that are appended to a screenshot to hide some content. These rough lines are often in various colors and they are intentionally added to screenshots.
Scribbles can however be removed from images by using one or more tools. Many would believe that scribbles can’t be erased due to the new modification introduced to the image.
However, scribbles can be erased. There are ways one can get rid of scribbles on a screenshot or an image on an iPhone. We would discuss three of these ways In this write-up.
The first way is by using applications that can remove scribbles successfully.
1. You can make use of the scribble app
2. You can also make use of editors e.g. Photoshop or any other
3. You can use pixel mater.
4. You can also make use of websites like remove.
There is another way of getting rid of scribbles on iPhone screenshots.
The points to follow include the following:
1. Make sure the picture is saved on your phone.
2. Navigate to the “photos” app and tap on “edit”
3. Select the “erase scribble” option to erase scribble.
Another option is to
1. open the pictures app, then search for the image with the markup.
2. Tap on the image to select it, then choose the three dots in the bottom right corner.
3. Click “delete markup”, by selecting the photos you want to modify.
4. Then hit the “remove markup” option in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can erase marks from many pictures at once.
Scribbles are often intentionally added to screenshots to hide some contents. And, they can be removed to see the content of the scribbled part. They can be removed using some apps or following some processes.
Depending on the complexity of the scribbled part and the type of iPhone, you can erase scribbles on a screenshot.