In a fast-paced and competitive industry like fashion, owning a weaving machine is almost inevitable. The several benefits of a weaving machine in the fashion world continue beyond ensuring speed of delivery. Still, the precision weaving machine gives to the finishings of your garments cannot be compared with manual machines.
Weaving machines have advanced features designed to enhance output and maximize time. As a fashion designer, you’ll find weaving machines as a necessary addition to your workspace because of the neat details it gives to your work.
In this article, we’ll explore weaving machine prices in Nigeria and what to consider before buying one.
Things to Look Out For Before Buying a Weaving Machine in Nigeria
Weaving machines are built in different sizes and degrees of complexity; therefore, you want to ensure you have a clear idea of the specifications you want, keeping in mind your budget and the strength of the equipment.
So here are some of the essential things you should watch for as you plan to obtain a weaving machine.
- Financial Capacity: Your financial strength determines the quality of the weaving machine will go for. Weaving machines come at different prices, so your budget determines the initial purchase cost and ongoing expenses such as maintenance, repairs, and raw materials.
- Availability of Material: Because Nigeria has yet to industrialize fully, most of our products and machines are sourced from manufacturers in other countries. Some of the imported machines are built for locals of the manufacturer company. Thus, you may need help finding spare parts quickly if the machine develops a fault.
Therefore, you want to ensure the availability of spare parts for the weaving machine in Nigeria. It’s essential to choose a machine for which spare parts are readily available locally or can be easily imported, as this will affect the maintenance and repair of the machine in the long run.
- Your Fashion Niche: Your niche also defines the purpose for which you need a weaving machine. In this case, do you plan to use the machine for personal or commercial purposes? Defining your purpose helps guide your choice of weaving machines to purchase.
- Features and Specifications: Consider the features and specifications of the weaving machine. Different machines have different features, such as the number of shafts, dobby attachments, shedding mechanisms, and speed control options. Evaluate the features and specifications based on your requirements and expertise level.
- Electricity Supply: Some brands, like Sergers, require electricity to operate. It’s best to consider the area you operate in before purchasing your desired weaving machine.
- Strength and Technical Know-how: The operation complexity and strength of the machine are also on the list of things to look out for before buying a weaving machine. Popular brands like Butterfly and Emel enjoy better strength and capacity than the others in the market. Definitely, the weaving machine business is lucrative. Fashion designers are increasing now, so expect attractive but unfamiliar brands everywhere.
How to Maintain Your Weaving Machine in Nigeria
The perks of having a weaving machine in Nigeria come with a cost. Of course, the one way to ensure your machine lasts long and serves it purpose is to keep it in proper shape all the time.
A few simple-to-do ways to maintain your weaving machine is by doing the following:
- Servicing the machine frequently
- Clean the parts as often as used
- Lubricate parts with oil
- Fix broken parts
- Observe the machine for irregularities
- Replace stale oil with fresh ones.
What is the Price of a Weaving Machine in Nigeria
Merrylock 3 Needle 4 Thread Cover stitch Machine: N160,000 – N170,000
Merrylock 2 Needles 4 Thread Overlock Sewing Machine: N245,000 – N265,000
SUMO overlock sewing machine: N27,000 – N45,000
SUMO overlock machine (3 thread): – N100,000 – N200,000
SUMO overlock machine (4 thread): N200,000 – N 220,000
Butterfly overlock sewing machine: N50,000 – N80,000
Brother overlock machine: N170,000 -N175,000
EMEL overlock machine (3 thread): N230,000 – N250,000
Two Industrial weaving machines: N210,000 – 215,000
The prices of a weaving machine can be affected by different things, including the economic situation. So it’s best to visit a trusted dealer for the best possible price for your preferred weaving machine brand in Nigeria.
Knowing what your fashion Niche requires is vital before deciding on what machine to buy. This will go a long way in saving you from certain hassles. We hope this article is helpful and enables you to make the best decision. Cheers to that!